The CEOS International Directory Network (http://idn.ceos.org) is an international effort developed to assist users in locating data sets, data services, and visualizations. We provide free, online access to metadata on scientific data in the Earth sciences: geoscience, hydrospheric, biospheric, satellite remote sensing, and atmospheric sciences.
The metadata describes data held by university departments, government agencies, multinational, and other organizations. It is maintained using the standard Directory Interchange Format (DIF), Service Entry Resource Format (SERF), and Climate Diagnostic (CD) Format.
The IDN Interest Group is responsible for coordinating activities among the participating agencies to maintain, improve, and expand the functions and use of the IDN. Efforts include:
- maintaining the content for the CEOS IDN site (http://idn.ceos.org)
- maintaining the IDN server and clients to improve metadata search capabilites
- maintaining and adding new metadata records from CEOS agencies
- maintaining usage statistics and report these to CEOS agencies
- maintaining the DIF, SERF, and CD metadata standards using the INTEROP forum
- creating new CEOS portals as requested by partners
- IDN CSW access:Procedures for accessing the IDN CSW Testing Server (http://idn.ceos.org/docs/CSWaccess.pdf)
- Connect to the IDN Metadata Web System (MWS) and Keyword Management System (KMS) RESTful Web Services (http://gcmd.nasa.gov/Connect)
- DIF documents and tools
- DIFs for CWIC Data Providers
- CWIC DIF Guide - How to register data collections in the IDN for CWIC
- IDN/GCMD CWIC docBuilder (http://gcmd.nasa.gov/DocumentBuilder/Home.do?Portal=cwic), requires an EOSDIS URS account for use (https://urs.eosdis.nasa.gov/).
IDN 9.9.0 Highlights (Released February 2013):
- New GCMD Web site
- Broken URL Notification Service
- Improvements to the Extended Metadata feature.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
IDN Highlights (2012):
- KMS/MWS Web Services: RESTful web services providing dynamic access to the GCMD metadata collection and keyword taxonomy..
- Number of Metadata records: 24,545 DIFs and 2,490 SERFs.
IDN 22.214.171.124 Highlights (Released June 2012):
- Next Generation Homepage: Preview of upcoming web site. (http://gcmd.nasa.gov/nextgen/)
- Keyword Management System (KMS) Web Services: Provides dynamic access to all GCMD keywords sets in SKOS/RDF or OWL semantic web structures.
- Metadata Web Services (MWS): Provides dynamic access to all GCMD metadata record types using RESTful web service structures.
New IDN Portals created:
- LANCE Near Real Time Data Products
- European Space Agency Data Services
- NASA GSFC Code 610 Visualizations
Communication and Coordination:
Latest CEOS IDN Newsletter: http://idn.ceos.org/idn-resources/Newsletters/
Chair and Point of Contact:
Lola M. Olsen
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Goddard Space Flight Center / Code 610.2
Greenbelt, MD 20771