The CEOS Ad Hoc Working Group on GEOGLAM
The Group on Earth Observations (GEO) Global Agricultural Monitoring (GEOGLAM) initiative aims to support agricultural production estimates through the use of Earth observations. GEOGLAM was developed in response to the Group of 20 (G20) Agricultural Ministers’ concern about market volatility for the world’s major crops. The initiative’s goal is to strengthen the international community’s capacity to produce and disseminate relevant, timely, and accurate forecasts of agricultural production at national, regional, and global scales through the use of Earth observations.
CEOS Ad Hoc Working Group on GEOGLAM was initiated at the 27th meeting of the CEOS Strategic Implementation Team (SIT-27) in 2005 and tasked with developing the CEOS Acquisition Strategy for GEOGLAM (Phase 1). The first version of the CEOS Acquisition Strategy for GEOGLAM was endorsed with a phasing approach to echo the phases from the GEOGLAM Implementation Plan.
Links and Key Documents
- SIT-31 Side Meeting materials (April, 2016)
- The Power of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) for Global Agricultural Monitoring (April, 2016)
- The Ad Hoc Working Group on GEOGLAM Scope of Work (Draft 3)
- The CEOS Strategic Response to GEOGLAM Requirements
- The Joint Experiment on Crop & Agricultural Monitoring (JECAM) Website
- CEOS SIT-29 Meeting Presentations [ 1 | 2 ] & Phase 2 Overview (April, 2014)
- GEOGLAM-CEOS Co-Community Meeting [Agenda] & Presentations: [Thursday] [Friday] (February, 2014)
- 27th CEOS Plenary Presentation on the CEOS Acquisition Strategy for GEOGLAM Phase 1 (November, 2013)
- CEOS SIT-27 Meeting Minutes – CEOS created this Ad Hoc Working Group on GEOGLAM at this meeting (March, 2012).