April 6th - May 29th, 2015
The CEOS Working Groups on Capacity Building & Data Democracy (WGCapD) and Disasters (WGDisasters) offered the WGCapD Distance Education Course, A Webinar Series on Remote Sensing Technology for Disaster Management (DM) from April to May, 2015. This course consisted of a comprehensive series of eight introductory webinars that addressed the use of remote sensing technology for DM.
The recorded sessions and presentations are now publicly available.
Please find here the Lessons Learned Report.
- Provide access to expertise from space agencies around the world.
- Link participants to a global network of experts and policymakers.
- Create awareness about international coordination bodies, such as CEOS, Group on Earth Observations (GEO), United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), and the International Charter for Space and Major Disasters.
- Provide access to datasets and useful tools available from CEOS Members.
- Help participants enhance their DRM skills.
- Introduction to Disasters
- Space-based Earth Observation Systems and their Applications for Hydro-meteorological Disasters (Floods), Geological Disasters (Earthquakes, Landslides, and Volcanoes) and Environmental Disasters (Forest Fires)
- Real-Time-Monitoring of Global Precipitation from Space: New Technologies Applied to Heavy Rainfall Risk Reduction
- Concepts and Applications of Internet GIS and Sensor Web for Disaster Management and How to Use the TerraMA2 Open Source Computational Platform to Develop Monitoring, Analysis, and Alert Systems
- Rapid Mapping and Emergency Services: Success Stories of the International Charter for Space and Major Disasters
Read more …