The first face-to-face meeting of the LSI-VC (LSI-VC-1) will be held from the 22nd to the 24th of February at ESA ESRIN, co-located with a meeting of the Space Data Coordination Group (SDCG) for the Global Forest Observations Initiative (GFOI). This presents an ideal opportunity for coordination, given common themes being explored by each group – including next generation data distribution architectures and Analysis Ready Data.
Location: Frascati, Italy
Hosted by: The European Space Agency’s Centre for Earth Observation – ESRIN
Agenda and Objectives
The current version of the agenda (v1.0) can be found here.
Files and Presentations
- Who launched what, when and why; trends in global land-cover observation capacity from civilian earth observation satellites (A. Belward, J. Skøien; 2015)
- Virtual constellations for global terrestrial monitoring (Wulder et al., 2015)
- SDCG Introduction (F. M. Seifert, G. Fosnight)
- SEO Tools and Data Services (B. Killough)
- Global Data Flows Study (G. Fosnight)
- NASA Overview Presentation (D. Jarrett, J. Masek)
- NASA Multi-source Land Imaging (MuSLI) team proposal selections
There will be a bus service running daily from Piazza di Roma in Frascati to ESRIN, departing at 8:15am Monday, and 8:30am on Tuesday and Wednesday.
An ice-breaker cocktail function will be held on Monday night and a no-host dinner will be held on Tuesday.
Further travel and accommodation information can be found here. This PDF includes information on accommodation, transfers and access to the venue (ESRIN). The meeting will be held in Room E on Monday morning, Tuesday and Wednesday. The joint meeting with SDCG will be held in the Magellan room, which is located next to the ‘Old Reception’ on the map on page 2.