The 45th Meeting of the Working Group on Information Systems & Services (WGISS)
Hosted by: Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE, Brazil)
Location: São José dos Campos, Brazil
The WGISS-45 meeting will be of significant interest not only to CEOS members but also to users of CEOS data and services. This meeting will focus on the four main domains addressed in WGISS:
- Data Preservation and Stewardship
- Data Interoperability and Use
- Data Discovery and Access
- Technology Exploration
It will also include a full-day workshop on Earth Observation Future Data Architectures and on an introduction of the Copernicus Data and Information Access System (DIAS) for CEOS.
The meeting will provide an excellent opportunity for CEOS Agencies to present their achievements and share results and lessons learned with other agencies and to contribute to the definition and shaping of future data architectures, standards, and approaches for making data available to users in the most effective way possible.
It will also include a dedicated joint session with the CEOS Working Group on Calibration and Validation (WGCV) to address topics of common interest and the CEOS 2018-20 Work Plan Objectives/Deliverables defined as an outcome of the last CEOS Plenary.
Week At A Glance:
- Monday: Meeting introduction, reports from the WGISS Chair, GEO Secretariat, CEOS Executive Officer, and CEOS Systems Engineering Office, and a Data Preservation & Stewardship session
- Tuesday: Data Discovery & Access session; joint session with WGCV
- Wednesday: Workshop on Future Data Architectures and an introduction to the Copernicus Data and Information Access System (DIAS) for CEOS (as part of the Data Interoperability & Use session)
- Thursday: Continuation of the Data Interoperability & Use session, the Technology Exploration Session, CEOS Agency Reports, the WGISS-45 Meeting Summary and Conclusions, and future plans and actions.