Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 (Monday, July 30 in Asia and Australia)
Time: 12:00 UTC (8:00 AM US EDT). Click here for your local time
Agile practices have proven themselves time and again for small startups and web applications, but at times those practices seem at odds with the discipline and planning required to build large enterprise systems. In this webinar, we will explore how the Scaled Agile Framework can allow large development teams to meet their users’ needs in a collaborative, agile manner.
Ms. Dana Shum, Raytheon NASA EED2 Software Engineering Manager, will be the presenter.
The purpose of the Technology Exploration Interest Group is to serve as a forum for exchange of technical information and lessons-learned experience about current and trending software technologies, services and other WWW / Internet related software technologies.
The primary goals of the Technology Exploration Interest Group are to:
- Give CEOS/WGISS members opportunities to collaborate and discuss present and future technology solutions;
- Research technologies that can help the Earth observation community be flexible and adaptable in their IT infrastructure;
- Help facilitate CEOS/WGISS understanding of all generations of technology and support the implementation of both legacy and leading-edge technologies into Earth observation data systems;
- Promote technologies in CEOS/WGISS that prove beneficial to the Earth observation community.
Please read the CEOS Data Application Report on Big Data and Cloud Computing.
Current Topics include:
- Big Data, HPC and Cloud Computing
- What CEOS needs? CEOS Challenges
- Distributed data centers
- Data processing (incl, Data cube)
- Data distribution
- Data Analysis
- API and use of standards
- Network (bandwidth, application)
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Searching for free satellite data from CEOS agencies
- In suitable forms
- GCMD/IDN Keywords – what are they, how to add to these lists
- Search Relevancy for Collection searches
- Data Quality Semantics
- Augmentation of meta data
- Visualization of Data
- Web-based visualization
- Volume rendering
- Augmented Reality
- Using authentication/SSO
- Metrics of usage, metrics of datasets
- Crowd Sourcing
Communication and Coordination
Please feel free to contact this Interest Group for more information:
Chris Lynnes – National Aeronautics & Space Agency (NASA)
Yousuke Ikehata – Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
(Note: The former Grid & Web Services Interest Groups merged to form this Technology Exploration Interest Group.)