The International Directory Network (IDN) Interest Group is responsible for coordinating activities among participating international agencies to maintain, improve, and expand the functions and use of the CEOS International Directory Network (IDN).
The CEOS IDN Master Directory assists researchers by providing free, online access to information on scientific datasets (metadata) in the Earth sciences, including geoscience, hydrospheric science, biospheric science, satellite remote sensing, and atmospheric science. This metadata describes data held by university departments, government agencies, multinational organizations, and other organizations all over the world.
IDN efforts include:
- Maintaining IDN website content
- Maintaining and adding new metadata records from CEOS Agencies
- Maintaining usage statistics and reporting them to CEOS Agencies
- Maintaining and adding new GCMD Keyword entries from CEOS Agencies
- Connect to the IDN Keyword Management System (KMS) RESTful Web Services
- GCMD Keyword Viewer (Visible Keyword Client)
- GCMD Keyword Forum (for requesting new/updates and announcements on Keywords)
- Access CMR OpenSearch for IDN:
- DIF Documents & Tools:
- User Guide
- IDN Collection Metadata Cardinality for DIF-10 (with mapping of NASA’s UMM-C fields)
- Draft Metadata Management Tool (dMMT) (Requires registration on the EarthData Login – NASA’s Earth Observing System Data & Information System User Registration System)
- NASA ISO
- Metadata Validation
- CMR INGEST Validation API documentation for validating collections for the IDN.
Communication and Coordination
Please feel free to contact this Interest Group for more information:
Michael P. Morahan
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Goddard Space Flight Center / Code 423
Greenbelt, MD 20771