The International Directory Network (IDN) Interest Group is responsible for coordinating activities among participating international agencies to maintain, improve, and expand the functions and use of the CEOS International Directory Network (IDN).
The CEOS IDN Master Directory assists researchers by providing free, online access to information on scientific datasets (metadata) in the Earth sciences, including geoscience, hydrospheric science, biospheric science, satellite remote sensing, and atmospheric science. This metadata describes data held by university departments, government agencies, multinational organizations, and other organizations all over the world. It is maintained using the standard Directory Interchange Format (DIF) and Service Entry Resource Format (SERF).
IDN efforts include:
- Maintaining IDN website content
- Maintaining the IDN server and clients to improve metadata search capabilities
- Maintaining and adding new metadata records from CEOS Agencies
- Maintaining usage statistics and reporting them to CEOS Agencies
- Maintaining DIF and SERF metadata standards using the INTEROP forum
- Creating new CEOS portals as requested by partners
- Access the IDN Catalog Services for the Web:
- Connect to the IDN Keyword Management System (KMS) RESTful Web Services
- Access CMR OpenSearch for IDN:
- DIF Documents & Tools:
- DocBuilder for DIF-10 (Requires registration on the EarthData Login – NASA’s Earth Observing System Data & Information System User Registration System)
- NASA ISO
- Metadata Validation
- CMR INGEST Validation API documentation for validating collections for the IDN.
Learn more on the Global Change Master Directory (GCMD) website.
Communication and Coordination
Please feel free to contact this Interest Group for more information:
Michael P. Morahan
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Goddard Space Flight Center / Code 423
Greenbelt, MD 20771