The Infrared and Visible Optical Sensors Subgroup
The IVOS Mission is to ensure high quality calibration and validation of infrared and visible optical data from Earth observation satellites, as well as the validation of higher level products.
Terms of Reference
The objectives of the IVOS Subgroup, beyond those of the WGCV, are to:
- Promote international and national collaboration in the calibration and validation of all IVOS and, thus, to assist in the improved application of data from satellite sensors
- Address all sensors (ground based, airborne, and satellite) for which there is a direct link to the calibration and validation of satellite sensors
- Identify and agree on calibration and validation requirements and standard specifications for IVOS
- Identify test sites and encourage continuing observations and the inter-comparison of data from these sites
- Encourage the timely and unencumbered release of data relating to calibration and validation activities including details of pre-launch and in-flight parameters
After a period of inactivity, the IVOS Subgroup is revitalised and imcreasing its membership. The Subgroup will review the ongoing activities of CEOS Agencies and institutions and actively pursue opportunities for coordination and cooperation. It will also make recommendations for solar irradiance, radiative transfer codes, and protocols for calibration and validation. The subgroup will meet at least annually.
|Dr. Nigel Fox
National Physical Laboratory
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8943 6825
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8943 6283