FedEO (Federated Earth Observation missions access) provides a unique entry point to a growing number of scientific catalogues and services for, but not limited to, EO European and Canadian missions. FedEO is deployed with ESA (European Space Agency) infrastructure as a gateway to:
- Provide brokered discovery, access and ordering capability to European/Canadian EO missions data based on HMA (Heterogeneous Missions Accessibility) interfaces;
- Implement the OpenSearch OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) and other interfaces for an increased number of discoverable and accessible EO data collections;
- Implement the OpenSearch OGC interfaces for interfacing with CEOS Community Catalogues and Clients.
FedEO was initially developed as a prototype for GEO/GEOSS (Group on Earth Observations/Global Earth Observation System of Systems) and for EO-DAIL (Earth Observation Data Access & Integration Layer). It was consolidated after the CEOS Plenary in 2012 to facilitate access to European missions data in the international context and primarily in CEOS.
FedEO CSW (Catalogue Service for Web) and OpenSearch Server:
- OpenSearch Endpoint (for FedEO/OpenSearch Production Instance) – OGC 13-026r8
- OpenSearch Endpoint (for FedEO/OpenSearch Test Instance) – OGC 13-026r8
How-To Guides for FedEO Partners
- WGISS CDA OpenSearch Client Guide – How to connect your Portal or Client to FedEO using OpenSearch
- WGISS FedEO Data Partner Guide – How to offer your agency satellite data for search and access through FedEO using OpenSearch
- CEOS OpenSearch Best Practice
FedEO Technical Documents
- OGC 11-035r1, EO Collection and Service Discovery using the ebRIM Application Profile of CSW 2.0, 1.0, 26/03/2013
- OGC 10-157r3, Earth Observation Metadata profile of Observations & Measurements, 1.0.0, 12/06/2012
- OGC 10-157r4, Earth Observation Metadata profile of Observations & Measurements, 1.1, 10/06/2014
- OGC 08-167r2, Semantic annotations in OGC standards, Version 2.0, 10/10/2012
- ISO/TS 19139:2007, Geographic Information – Metadata XML (ISO 19139:2007)
- ISO/TS 19139-2:2012, Geographic information – Metadata – XML schema implementation – Part 2
- OGC 10-032r8, OpenSearch Geo and Time Extensions, version 1.0.0, 14/04/2014.
- OGC 13-026r5, OpenSearch Extension for Earth Observation, DRAFT 1.0.0, 29/10/2014
- OGC 13-084r2, OGC I15 (ISO19115 Metadata) Extension Package of CS-W ebRIM Profile, 1.0, 28/04/2014
- OGC 06-141r6, Ordering Services Framework for Earth Observation Products Interface Standard, Version 1.0.0, 09/01/2012.
- HMA for Science – Evolution, Final Presentation, 16 October 2014, Frascati, Italy.
- Federated Earth Observation (FedEO) OpenSearch Status, CEOS WGISS Meeting #38, 1 October 2014, Moscow, Russia.
- OGC 13-026 in FedEO, EO Product Metadata and OpenSearch SWG, 25 March 2014, OGC TC Crystal City, Arlington, Virginia.
Additional Information for Developers and Data Partners
- FedEO Client to access the production instance of the FedEO server
- FedEO Client to access the validation instance of the FedEO server
Open Source Software
Communication and Coordination
Feel free to contact this group for more information:
- FedEO Operations Team: email@example.com
- FedEO Evolutions and Population: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Coordination and international cooperation: firstname.lastname@example.org